Finland is actively taking part to the historic UN 2023 Water Conference taking place 22-24 March 2023 in New York. The conference is long overdue while the Sustainable Development Goal 6 (Clean water and sanitation) is an essential enabler of the 2030 Agenda. Together with government, businesses, academia and other stakeholders, the Finnish water sector contributes to delivering the results with a great variety of top quality solutions and expertise.
Working Together Towards Equitable and Water Secure World
Finland has long supported sustainable and equitable management of water resources and promoted transboundary water cooperation globally and regionally. Defined in close cooperation of government, businesses, academia and other stakeholders such as the civic organizations, the International Water Strategy of Finland (Finnish Water Way) aims to ensure responsible and fair water security globally. The Finnish Water Way strategy extends to 2030 and builds on the Finnish approach to sustainable water management based on close cross-sectoral collaboration.
Meet the Delegation from Finland at UN 2023 Water Conference
The Government of Finland has nominated delegation of experts from government, businesses, academia and other stakeholders to take part to the UN 2023 Water Conference 22-24 March in New York. The Finnish delegation to UN 2023 Water Conference is cross-sectoral by composition, led by State Secretary to the Minister for Foreign Affairs of Finland, Ms. Johanna Sumuvuori.
Join our Side Events
Besides the official plenaries and the interactive dialogues organized by the UN and the member states the delegation from Finland is co-hosting multiple side events inside and outside the UN headquarters. More information on the events is currently being updated at this page and UN 2023 Water Conference Side Events.
Wednesday 22 March 2023
- Water, Peace and Security in Africa
- Sparing water systems during armed conflicts
- Speeding-up transboundary water cooperation: The Value of the Water Convention
- Integrated Water Resources Management at basin level
Thursday 23 March 2023
- Water Finance in the Mediterranean
- Committing to advance transboundary water cooperation worldwide for sustainable development, climate action, stability and peace
Friday 24 March 2023
- Fair Water Footprints: ambition, action and accountability for SDG6
- Promoting Private-Public Partnerships – a vehicle towards fulfilling SDG 6 and climate Actions
- Groundwater: an Invisible cross-sectoral fundament for implementation of the water action agenda
- Accelerating progress on safe sanitation and hygiene for all: Countdown to 2030